Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Life...

Okay, so I know it is not New Year's Eve and the 2008 ball is not about to drop, but I have a few resolutions. The first is that I am going to start updating my blog at least weekly. I promise. For those that keep tabs on me, if I fail at this, you have my complete and utter permission to berate me in email format :) Second, and in conjunction with the weekly update, I am going to be more postitive and grateful for the things I have. So, to kick things off, here is my first weekly update and a few things I am grateful for......

We just ushered in another crazy season of birthdays. Hannah turned 3 on July 21st, Cooper turned 5 on August 8th, and Ceda turned 6 on August 10th. Whew! Done for another year :) Chandler and Ceda start school on the 25th and are excited to go back and I am equally excited for them to go back as summer activities have subsided and warm weather excitement has settled into boredom. Cooper is hanging back a year instead of starting kindergarten, but we will be working with him a whole bunch to make sure he is ready for next year! Go Coops! Hannah is ready, just a couple years too early! The kids are all doing so well and I feel so blessed to have a happy healthy family :) Also, to update, for anyone I haven't already.....we have set our wedding date! Saturday March 7, 2009. It will be here in Utah and we are super excited!! I haven't done ANY planning besides booking the church, and I didn't even do that, Nathan did. So, hopefully I can set aside some time soon to start really planning the majority of this before it gets closer to the actual date! Alright, I think that is it for updates...time for things I am grateful for.........
I am grateful for my friends and family. I could not get through the hurdles of life without all of you.
I am also grateful for my wonderful fiance, Nathan, who flew back to Texas a couple Saturdays ago only to hop back in his truck bright and early Monday morning to drive the 21 hour trip back here to Salt Lake to be here with us. It means so much to me to have him here and it definitely means the world to the kiddos!
I am grateful for my health, even as bad as it has been lately. Just to hear the cardiologist say that there is nothing major and that the tests have come back normal is fantastic. As frustrating as more tests are and as we search for more answers to what is going on with me, it is comforting to know we have knocked out all of the major concerns and for that I am grateful.
More to come next week, as promised :) ......................